Our World Fair Trade Day actually ran for 9 days!
And we believe everyone benefited.
- Firstly, we had wonderful customers who bought well and in most cases spent enough to receive several free personalised calligraphies.
- Secondly, our calligrapher, who was paid well for his services by Mary & Martha, enjoyed his time and will be back for the summer starting from about the 15th June.
- Thirdly, our artisans, from all the extra sales, leading to us increasing our orders for this year immediately.
- Fourthly, our staff, from all the time they had with wonderful customers, practicing their English (and Korean and Japanese and Russian, and German) whilst giving information about artisans and products.
- AND Finally those who will benefit from Mary & Martha / Bill & Irene donations - this will come as a surprise to most as we did not want to build expectations before the event.
We increased the number of beneficiaries from 3 to 4 so the following folk will receive MNT 840,000 each, with no restrictions on how they use the donation:
- Streams in the Desert (Women's Rescue Centre)
- Celebrate Recovery (Supporting Recovering Alcoholics)
- Seedtime (Training Small Business Entrepreneurs and developing Credit Unions)
- A gentleman waiting for a kidney transplant currently in financial need
A big thank you to everyone for your major support during our event.
Oh! More last minute news!
We have International Women's Association of Mongolia (IWAM) Calendars - with some amazing photos from across Mongolia - a snip at 10,000 MNT each - Make IWAM's day by buying us out and causing another print run! 75% of the price goes back to IWAM for their projects.